24 March 2022
The WEA is delighted to advertise and support the Officers’ Association Women into Employment virtual event, now in its second year, which recognises the unique challenges female ex-military personnel can face when moving from military to civilian employment.
The OA will bring together serving and former female military personnel from all ranks and services, to profile the skills and experiences female veterans offer employers across UK PLC. To date, fourteen employers are taking part to highlight why they are looking to recruit from this broad and varied talent pool.
The virtual event aims to provide serving female personnel, veterans, reservists, spouses and partners with an insight into the support and job opportunities available when looking for their next civilian career and will:
· Articulate the barriers to employment: translation of military skills, lack of commercial experience, and the perception of female veterans.
· Outline the practical family considerations faced by female military personnel which affects their employment outcomes; childcare, both partners serving in the military, location.
· Profile successful female veterans now working in the civilian workplace
· Raise the skills and experience female Service leavers offer employers, highlighting the skills, training, and experience veterans offer business
· Provide a platform for employers to share how they are recognising and tackling these issues directly.
Your 5 Reasons to attend
1. Gain practical, useable advice on finding and securing your next role
2. Develop a better understanding of civilian employers and what they’re looking for from new hires
3. Realise the potential of networking and how to do it
4. Be inspired and motivated to take your next step
5. And understand where ‘my best fit’ is within the civilian jobs market.
OA’s Director of Employment and former Army Major, Laura Blair, states:
“We want to play our part in connecting industry and ex-forces women so that both benefit; our event is a real opportunity to build a network of supportive employers and industry champions.
We can address misconceptions in the recruitment process by hearing directly from national employers who are supporting this event, employers like National Cyber Force, Jacobs, Atkins, and Amazon are supporting this event because they recognise the value of recruiting from the military talent pool.”
The event is also supported by veteran employment charity, The Forces Employment Charity (RFEA) and the 30% Club, an organisation that aims to increase gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Women into Employment: Developing civilian career opportunities for women from the Armed Forces community is open to serving and former personnel, reservists across all ranks and spouses and is free to attend. The virtual event runs from 1000 – 1630 hrs on March 24, 2022.
Register to attend: officersassociation.org.uk