By Dave Scholey, Regional Manager Southeast & East
Pension Awareness is a strategy introduced nine years ago to raise awareness of pensions to the wider population. Now annually produced in collaboration with the government and others, the strategy provides online events including videos, webinars and Q&A sessions. Home - Pension Awareness Day. This years event has been programmed to take place throughout the week commencing 31 October.
The agenda for the weeks events can be found at: Armed-Forces-Pension-Awareness-Week-2022-Agenda
The White Ensign Association will be delivering a webinar at 1400 on Wednesday 2 November. This live event will be delivered via Teams but don’t worry if you don’t have that app, it’s viewable without the software, just continue as a guest. Registration is free, just follow the link to 'Pension Awareness'
The webinar will cover the following topics:
· What is Pension Awareness Week
· How to interpret your Annual Pension Benefit Information Statement
· How to interpret a Pension Forecast requested by the Form12
· How to use and interpret the current AFPS Pension Calculator
· McCloud, the way ahead
· An introduction to occupational pensions in the civilian employment sector
The Forces Pension Society will also be running events on the Tuesday and Thursday, details and registration via the agenda above.