A Charity offering personal help and advice for all serving and former members of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Royal Fleet Auxiliary, their Reserves and Families

Are you leaving the Armed Forces? Are you entitled to a Resettlement Grant?

Published 15/07/2020 10:27:00, by Marina Maher

The Resettlement Grant is paid to Regular members of the Armed Forces who leave after 12 or more years’ service but before qualifying for any other form of immediate pension (IP) or Early Departure Payments (EDP) benefits. It is not linked to your pension entitlement but it is intended to help you adjust to civilian life. 

When you leave the Armed Forces you will be entitled to a lump sum payment provided you:

  • have served for at least 12 years; 
  • are not entitled to an EDP, an ill-health award or an immediate pension from a legacy pension scheme; 
  • have not previously received a Resettlement Grant; 
  • are not a member of the Reserve Forces.

The Resettlement Grant is currently £11,423 tax free lump sum.

If you would like further information on the Resettlement Grant and how to apply for it, then please feel free to get in touch with the WEA.

All the information above can be found on the GOV UK website, see link below.




Job Alert

A job alert was created using the following search parameters:

Keywords XXX
Location XXX
Category XXX

You will receive an email when jobs are added which match this search. You can manage your job alerts in your account.