PTSD Resolution provides free therapy for the mental welfare of Forces’ Veterans, Reservists and their families. The charity helps those suffering from trauma, with a near eight out of ten success rate in resolving the symptoms to the satisfaction of the client and therapist, with and over 2,500 referrals to date.
The symptoms of military trauma can result in family breakdown, job loss, addiction and suicide. Veterans or family members who believe that they may be suffering from the symptoms of trauma can get help from PTSD Resolution anywhere in the UK, through a network of 200 therapists.
The charity has no salaried staff, offices or assets; donations are used to pay therapists to provide treatment and to ensure that veterans and potential referrers are aware of the vital support that is available. A course of treatment averages five out-patient sessions and costs the charity around £550, which is delivered free to clients.
PTSD Resolution receives no Government funding and relies on donations from individuals, veterans’ organisations and businesses.
The charity also runs half-day Trauma Awareness Training for Employers events, at companies’ premises. This gives line managers and HR personnel an understanding of the issues of trauma, to identify staff who might be suffering, so they can then signpost help from PTSD Resolution quickly and effectively.
Key features of PTSD Resolution’s service:-
1. Free help for veterans and families suffering from mental health issues
2. Confidential, no GP referral is needed
3. Local help through a UK network of therapists
4. Fast treatment, issues usually resolved in an average of five sessions
5. Availability - first session booked often in days
6. Compassionate: clients do not have to talk about events in their past
7. Cost-effective, £550 per program, all from public donations
8. Transparent, results are monitored and reported
9.. No one is turned away: including HM prisoners and those with addiction issues
10. Cobseo members, working with other Forces’ charities
Whether you need help with trauma issues or wish to make a donation, please contact
A job alert was created using the following search parameters:
You will receive an email when jobs are added which match this search. You can manage your job alerts in your account.